This past Wednesday April 2 marked one month left for me in Rome...
Commence crying now.
Well, I'm just going to try to forget that my time here is limited and tell y'all about my week!
Barb and I explored a different part of Rome last Wednesday: the ancient Appian Way. This road was the primary road leading out of Rome thousands of years ago. Wealthy Romans would take it to get to their country villas.
Millions of people were also buried along the sides of it since burials were not allowed within the walls of Rome. Barb and I were not only able to walk along the Appian Way, but we got to see what one of these catacombs looks like!
So now to the substantial part of this post...
Paris!
After an uber early flight Friday morning, I met up with the lovely Hannah and her friend Allie in Paris! After settling into our hostel, we took off for Notre-Dame. It was stunning, especially the rose windows.
Next up was the Sainte-Chapelle with its beautifully stunningly intricate stained-glass windows.
After a quick coffee break, we were off again, this time to the Louvre! But first, we happened to stumble upon the Love Lock Bridge where couples put locks on the bridge and throw the keys into the river to symbolize their lifelong love.
We finally made it into the Louvre after our photo shoot outside the building. We got the classic pictures with the pyramid as well as the Mona Lisa.
To end our amazing first day in Paris, we watched the sun set from the steps of the Sacre Couer.
Saturday morning we awoke to blue skies spotted with giant white cumulus clouds. We couldn't have asked for better weather. Our morning consisted of touring Versailles and taking in its splendor.
You know I had to get a mirror selfie in the Hall of Mirrors too.
Upon our arrival back into the city limits of Paris, we were greeted by the soaring Tour Eiffel.
Of course we took a gazillion pictures.
After a lunch of onion soup, quiche, and roast duck, I satisfied my sweet tooth with the macaroons of Laduree (Blair Waldorf's favorite).
They were delicious and the eight I brought back to Rome with me are quickly diminishing. Luckily (not for my wallet), a Laduree just opened in Rome, so I'll never run out!
We walked along the Champs-Elysees, admiring all the shops, and came to the triumphant end: the Arc de Triomphe.
We were able to go up and see so much of lovely Paris.
After dining on crepes, we made it to the Tour Eiffel just in time to see it sparkle!
But, since Paris is known for its abundance of keys and fleurs-de-lis, it was special having a Kappa sister with me to share in my sorority love.
It was quite the amazing weekend. Even though we saw so much of Paris, we really only covered a small amount of everything the city has to offer! I can't wait to return one day (hopefully soon)!
Au revoir,
Gina
























No comments:
Post a Comment