Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Wanderlust

In a mere 6 days, I will be hopping on a plane to my new home. Sure, it will take a total 14 hours to get there, but the jet lag, layovers, and never-ending packing will all be worth it! In anticipation of living in a new country, I have made a bucket list for my trip. Of course I'm sure new things will pop up throughout the semester, but these are what I've really been wanting to do for a while. Now, I recognize that there is probably no way I will be able to check off all of these things, but I am a pretty determined person (as many of you may know) so here's hoping I will get to most of them!


  • Get a stamp in my passport from at least 10 different countries.
  • Be asked by a tourist for directions.
  • Find a favorite cafe and gelateria in Rome.
  • Meet some Kappas abroad (and get a picture with them spelling out KKG)!
  • Venture to a quaint Italian village to see what Italian life is really like.
  • Strain my neck while admiring the beauty that is the Sistine Chapel.
  • Take a selfie in the Sistine Chapel.
  • Watch glass being made in Murano.
  • Explore a Grecian island. 
  • Ride on a boat in the Mediterranean.
  • Attend a futbol match.
  • Go skiing in the Alps.
  • Visit the Drummond Estate in Scotland.
  • See "Wicked" in London.
  • Meet someone royal (yes, I realize this is a long shot)
  • Have real Belgian chocolate in Belgium.
  • Play cards in Monte Carlo.
  • See an opera.
  • Buy a Parisian accessory in Paris. 
  • Try a food I would usually avoid at all cost.
  • Buy something authentic, including food, from each country I visit.
  • See the Northern Lights.
  • Go hiking in a national park of another country.
  • Do something crazy and have an adventure (Lizzie McGuire Movie, anyone?)

So here's to a new home and numerous adventures awaiting me across the Atlantic!

Arrivederci (for real)!
Gina


P.S. I noticed that my first post was titled "10 weeks, 68 Days, 1638 Hours Left in the USA," and now it's really hitting me that I have under a week left to wait. Crazy how time flies!


No comments:

Post a Comment