So this week I've been reminiscing about Italy a lot and decided to post some pictures and go into further detail about my previous trip to the Eternal City!
My first EVER gelato in Italy! My group arrived in Rome mid-morning and to acclimate us to the time change, our professors took us to Castel Gandolfo to explore. Castel Gandolfo is a small walled town about an hour south of Rome. It sits on a hill overlooking the beautiful Lago Albano. And the Pope resides here in the summer!
After multiple hours crossing international borders and exploring Castel Gandolfo, we all (needless to say) hit the hay early. This picture was from our first day wandering about in Rome. The La Bocca della Verita, or Mouth of Truth, is believed to have been a sewer cover with "magical" powers. The Romans believed that if a person was lying and stuck their hand into the mouth, it would close on the person's hand, effectively chopping it off. Pretty cool stuff. And obviously I've never told a lie since my hand is still in tact in the photo...
The first roomie picture of the trip! Pretty perfect that it happened to be taken in the Coliseum, one of the most defining features of Rome.
I had to throw this picture in because this guy was wearing a Texas flag shirt. Can't say I haven't seen those before (I do live in a state filled with pride after all), but what were the chances of seeing one in Rome, Italy??
After walking back to our hotel after wandering around Venice, I saw the most beautiful sunset ever. Seriously, ever. The picture does not do it full justice, but it's still beautiful nonetheless.
On our last day in Venice, we had to take the typical touristy gondola ride!
And to end the trip, we all threw some Euro coins into the Trevi in the hopes of returning to Rome to retrieve our coins. Good thing I'll be back in Rome in exactly 2 months!!
Oh yeah, and while I was there, I read 3 Shakespeare plays and wrote 2 papers. But, all I really remember is the beauty and awe of Roma!
Arrivederci!
Gina


No comments:
Post a Comment